Family and School Association (FSA) Update
If you missed our last virtual meeting on October 5th you can now access the minutes here
The Agenda was as follows:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Elections of FSA
- Financial Updates
- Community Safety Update
- Committee Updates
- Parent Representatives
- Principal and Vice-Principal Updates
Toronto Public Health Guide
We’ve compiled some of the Toronto Public Health information to help you determine if your child should attend school. Note, there are different instructions supplied by Toronto Public Health if a classroom is compromised. Please follow the instructions they send you if that is the case.
Click here to read more.
Morning Entry and Protocols
When entering the school grounds we are asking that all students, staff and family members wear their mask during morning entry and dismissal
Also the field and playground is off limits until 8:30 am and from 3:20 pm until 6 pm as the Maurice Cody Childcare Centre is utilizing the field and all playground spaces during those times
Note: Start times are 8:40am, 8:45am, 8:50am and 8:55am. You will be notified ahead of time.
TDSB Student Health Pass
- A parent/guardian will PRINT, SIGN and DATE the TDSB Student Health Pass daily and student will then bring to school to present upon entry.
- Click here to print: TDSB DAILY PASS
- If a student does not have form but has symptoms, they will go to wellness room and parent/guardian will be called to pick them up
- If a student does not have form but has no symptoms, they will proceed to class and a parent/guardian will be called
Note: All information can be found in the Cody Handbook for 2020 / 21 school year.
- For those students, Gr. 1-5, going home for lunch your child will be escorted to the same door they entered in the morning
- When returning back from lunch, students in Grades 1, 2 and the 2/3s are to return to the main playground and the lunchroom supervisor will guide each child to their zone
- When returning back from lunch, students in Grades 3, 4, and 5 are to enter through Door #1 (main entrance) at 12:35pm
- FDK families please email your teacher for pick up and drop off locations.
End of Day Dismissal Map
Virtual Learning to In Person
The TDSB Virtual School will be in touch with you if you’ve signed up for remote learning. Students will be taught by either a centrally assigned TDSB teacher or a TDSB teacher who has chosen to teach remotely. Students will share a remote classroom with other schools.
If you decide you’d like to switch to in-person learning, there are three opportunities to do so.
- Deadline September 30th, in class start date October 13th
- Deadline January 29th, following distribution of 1st Term Report Cards, in class start date February 16th
Virtual Learning Website – click here